VIN: 8659860 condition: good cylinders: 6 cylinders drive: 4wd fuel: gas odometer: 35000 paint color: custom size: full-size title status: clean transmission: manual type: convertible
QR Code Link to This Post
1941 DODGE W6 COMMAND CAR
This is a rare project 1941 Dodge command car that has been in Arizona most of its existence. The body is pretty much rust free with minimal body work (no rusted floors or body panels to be replaced).
Rear OEM body cut-outs have metal panels welded in and will require removal. Generally, these command cars were converted after the war into pick-ups where they removed the rear section. This body is still intact!
Currently, the engine and transmission are out of the vehicle and will require some freshening-up or a re-build before reinstalling.
The last picture is a picture of what the command car looks like assembled and restored.
The Good Stuff
(1) Engine & transmission assembly, fuel tank and radiator assembly.
(1) New front bumper & rear bumper guards.
(1) Extra passenger front fender.
(3) Extra dash gauges.
(1) New rear tailgate & OEM tailgate header assembly (requires straightening and installation).
(2) Large metal panels for map table and seat back.
(1) New top frame/bow assembly.
(1) OEM front seat frame and cushions.
(1) OEM Intermediate drive shaft and carburetor linkage assembly.
The Other Stuff
Missing rear seat frame and cushions
There might be some other small parts missing, but most of the hard to find parts are there.
Vehicle is sold "As is", and must be picked-up in Concho Arizona
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers